Friday, January 9, 2009

Greedy Heifers...Walk a Mile in my Shoes!

Today as I checked my YT subscriptions I came across Miss Jia's TI + Child Support video, and it hit a few nerves with me. Not just with the Lashon Dixon situation but with "baby's mamas"...PERIOD.

I am a single mother. In my son's 3 years on this earth my son has NEVER seen his father, received a dime, or even the courtesy of a happy birthday phone call. My son's father has never seen a picture, nor asked for one. And he actually takes contracting jobs under the table so he can not be found by Child Enforcement and his wages can not be touched. This jigga actually moved out of the state of NC to get the hell away from my child and me.

Luckily, my child is surrounded by positive male influences (godbrother and my best male friend). Not to mention he never wants for a DAMN thing. Allthough I can not be the man he needs in his life...I make damn sure he sees a positive male image on the regular because that is what I want him to grow into. I do not hunt down my son's father, nor do I go bad mouthing him in the streets. First of all, because I know he will get what is coming to him. Secondly, I saw my mother go through Child Support battles my whole life only to receive a whopping $68/month. It is tiring and takes such a negative toll on not only the mother but the child too.

But moving on...I hate to see single mother's fall into the "baby mama" syndrome. The typical sideline hater on the father, or chick that always has to argue with new girl. A chick that does not have her CHILD'S best interest at heart when going after money. Or a woman that will attempt to keep a child from a father just because he can't pay for all your extra. As far as I am concerned if a man invests his time and efforts into bringing up his child. If he is as involved in that child's life as the mother...then I see no reason for a child support case.

Now don't get me wrong...I do know there are some deadbeats out there and some women have no chioice but to go after them. But there are many "baby's mamas" out there that give single mothers such as myself a bad name...and I need all you chickens to SADDOWN (sit down)!

1 comments:

Jia said...

Okay...you might not say it but I will. Your BD ain't shit. Under the table wages to avoid paying child support? Aww hell naw! But I see what you mean though. I don't have kids but I can tell that it'd be a very draining process. One of my friends hipped me to getting a guys social early on, just in case. I know it sounds sneaky as hell but with the one guy I got pregnant by, I was glad that I did. Thankfully, that's not a problem of mine right now though.